The International Cesarean Awareness Network, Inc. (ICAN) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC).
We are the Northern Virginia chapter, with members throughout the greater Washington, DC area. We offer support group meetings once a month, which offer a safe place for post-cesarean mothers to find healing and support and for others to learn about cesarean prevention. Please make sure to check our meetings page to find the next meeting time and location.
ICAN of Northern Virginia is asking for your support!
Now is the time to join ICAN of Northern Virginia! Consider gifting someone with a subscription as a way of showing your cesarean awareness and support for them!
There are various rates and opportunities, including:
- Basic subscription -- join now or renew for $30 for a year! A subscription renewal will extend your subscription for one full year from your current expiration date.
- Professional subscription -- join now for $60 per year!
- Childbearing years (5-year) subscription -- join now for $125
- Childbearing years (10-year) subscription -- join now for $250
As an ICAN Subscriber: Your support greatly helps continued efforts to reduce the rate of unnecessary cesareans, promote and educate women about VBAC, and support normal birth.
Your subscription with ICAN of Northern Virginia includes:
- a subscription to the international newsletter (The Clarion)
- FREE access to ICAN's Speaker Series Webinar Events -- a savings of $20 per event!
- discounts at ICAN's bookstore
- FREE access to ICAN of Northern Virginia's lending library
- the satisfaction of making a difference through your support of ICAN