- International Cesarean Awareness Network- ICAN's mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
- ICAN of NOVA E-mail List - Our free monthly newsletter with announcements, meeting notes, and other useful information.
- ICAN of NOVA Facebook Group - a private, moderated online discussion group for women who can't make it to meetings or have questions in between meetings. We welcome social and off-topic chat in this group as well. You must request to be added, and may be contacted by an Admin to confirm.
Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
- VBAC.com - valuable educational resource for those planning VBAC
- VBACFacts.com - the mission of VBAC Facts is to close the gap between what the best practice guidelines from ACOG and the NIH say about VBAC and repeat cesarean and what people generally believe. They offer workshops, webinars, and tons of research and links.
- CesareanRates.com - This website compiles publicly available statistical data on cesarean and VBAC rates. This link takes you directly to the rates for Virginia hospitals.
- Cesarean and VBAC Frequently Asked Questions - Extensive information about c-sections and VBACs
- Vaginal Birth After Two or More Cesareans - Information on Vaginal Birth After Multiple Cesareans
- The VBAC Pages - Information on Risks and Benefits to having a VBAC, along with other information and resources
- Victorious Birth After Cesarean - emotional support and information for those who have had a c-section or traumatic birth experience
- Summary of 4 Studies on VBAC Safety - An Article with a review of 4 Studies on the Safety of VBAC
- VBAC Research Bibliography - Research and information regarding VBAC
- A Response to an Article "My Doctor Won't Let Me Have a VBAC" - by Gretchen Humphries
- Optimal Foetal Positioning - Often times, a baby who is not in a proper position (much more than head down!), ends up being born by cesarean. Learn more about getting your baby lined up!
- VBAC Books and Resources - Great Resources and Book Suggestions for those planning a VBAC
- A CIMS Fact Sheet - The Risks of Cesarean Delivery to Mother and Baby
- ICAN has endorsed the Maternity Center Association booklet, "What Every Woman Should Know About Cesarean Section."
- Cesarean Delivery Information - eMedicine journal of information regarding c-section
Mental Health and Loss
- Postpartum Support Virginia - Offering help to new and expectant mothers and their families who are struggling with pregnancy-related anxiety and depression.
- MIS: Miscarriage, Infant Death, Stillbirth - A local support network offering information, support, and comfort to grieving parents who have experienced the death of their baby during pregnancy, or after birth.